a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Cabled cardigan - finished!!

Well, it's finished at last but I can't quite believe how long this has taken to knit. Almost unbelievably, I started it back in February ! I know I dithered a lot over shaping and amount of yarn as I wasn't working from a pattern but even so - that's a long while for one cardie!
I'm really pleased with it - it's a good length, it's shaped in at the waist so not too bulky, the neck is not so high that I feel throttled and the only thing I'd change is the length of the sleeves which could have been shorter.
On now to the next project - probably a rather similar garment, just a different colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment