a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Saturday 7 September 2013

More rhubarb...






 We've more rhubarb plants this year, so more rhubarb to eat. I haven't made this recipe in quite a while but it's a lovely shortbread variation. I'm not sure where the recipe came from as it's one of many that I've cut out of magazines - possibly from Sainsbury's magazine or Country Living.



Basically it's a shortbread base with gooey caramel topping. The base is cooked briefly, then the rhubarb and sugar mix poured over, and it all cooked some more.

It doesn't look spectacular - and it does have a tendency to fall apart - but tastes wonderful!


2 comments:

  1. sounds lovely, tart and sweet and crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any rhubarb around here this year, so I am enjoying your rhubarb. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete