a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Friday 5 September 2014

Knitting for Autumn


 I was so delighted with the fit of my latest cabled cardigan
 that I decided to get the knitting needles back out straight away and knit another very similar one.
I've has this autumnal shade of brown lurking in the back of a cupboard for a while but now seems a good time of year to use it.

The back has grown really quickly but then I got stuck trying to decide exactly how to pattern the front. I want a similar cable to the green cardigan, but not the same.

Now I have my cunning plan though - and squiggles on paper to plan how it will all work. All I have to do is knit it!

1 comment:

  1. You put me to shame, very productive and clever to write your own pattern. I've still got to tackle my mending pile.

    ReplyDelete