a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Tuesday 30 December 2014

One project finished, another begun....

Well, here I am looking relieved to have finished my cardigan knitting!
I started this back in September so it hasn't been the world's shortest knitting project but it was finished in time for the Boxing Day snowfall and has proved very handy for pottering in and out with laundry and dustbin rubbish these past few freezing days.









 Then immediately on to something new - for Christmas I was bought some fluffy, sequined yarn, perfect for a scarf, so I got out the needles, put on some other Christmas presents - dvds - and got knitting...















 I picked a feather pattern that gives a lacy, wavy finish but has simple repeats so I didn't need to be constantly checking against a written pattern....



and it's grown quickly....







after only a few days it's already about 3 feet long!






No comments:

Post a Comment