a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Thursday 27 December 2012

Gloves from sleeve off cuts.


Remember I had a cardigan with sleeves that were too long and had to be chopped off?
Well, this is the end of one chopped-off sleeve - now worn the wrong way - that I decided was too lovely  to waste.

It isn't quite the right shape for gloves but I think will work.
So I found out some oddments of matching yarn and picked up the stitches.

It's slightly baggy round the wrist so I may add either a cord or some coloured elastic.

4 comments:

  1. you truly work magic with yarn, i love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie. I like something warm and cheerful to keep out the cold :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have any valentine knitting patterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as such - I suppose any heart pattern could be adapted though...

      Delete