a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Wednesday 5 December 2012

New Peg-bag

 
 My old home-made peg-bag has been getting a bit worse for wear so after putting it off as long as possible, it was time to make a new one.


I had a length of nice checked material cut off an overlong IKEA tablecloth and looking for a use -and being able to make of the ready hemmed edges speeded things up. Using the old peg bag as template I cut the pieces out - making a minor change of adding extra material to the lower front section.


There was a ready made turning - the tablecloth hem - through which I threaded elastic....


...to even out the front and back.
The surplus on the lower edge was tucked into a lazy pleat - not pinned or tacked but just folded as I sewed the edge.


Ta da!! Finished bag!


Just one problem - what to do with this time's leftovers?















The only question now is - can I find a use for the left-overs?


No comments:

Post a Comment