a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Thursday 6 December 2012

Take One Pumpkin #3


If you've been following the adventures of this pumpkin, you'll know I'm only about half way through it, so it seemed time to use up a lot in one go - for pumpkin and lemon marmalade.

3lb of pumpkin made 5 jars.












and there was still enough left for....
spicy tomato, chickpea and pumpkin stew...


....curried pumpkin and baked bean soup...













and with the very last piece....

pumpkin chilli - not quite a proper chilli as half way through I realised there weren't any tine of red kidney beans and had to substitute borlottis.

1 comment:

  1. I am fascinated by the marmalade, thats new to me.I think you get an a plus for this pumpkin!!It served you well, tired of pumpkin yet???

    ReplyDelete