a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

One last snag

Well, I thought I'd at last reached the end of my crochet project - I'd even completed the edging round the armholes - when I realised there was one last snag....

I'd copied the shape for the back from the front shape, but failed to consider the v-neck shaping and so far have a waistcoat with a deep v-neck at the back! I'm now busy making a few more motifs to fill the gap then hopefully, at last onto the front edging - and finished!

Previous posts about this project can be found here and here

Monday, 5 March 2012

Store cupboard fail!

I decided one lunchtime last week to make chilli - mainly from home-grown veg - the end of a pumpkin that had been sitting in the fridge a little too long, my unpredictable chillies, tomatoes from the freezer - and a tin a cheap shop bought kidney beans.

Everything was going wonderfully till at almost the last minute I went in the 'tins' cupboard for the beans - plenty of special offer chick peas, cheapo baked beans, even a tin of cannellinis but NO kidney beans!

Now, I know I could have used one of the other sorts of beans but it seemed like a good opportunity to have a completely home grown lunch, so I raided the freezer again and added broad beans. Not usual for chilli, I'll grant you, but tasty nonetheless.