a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Thursday 7 January 2021

Helmet and jumper for a very small knight


Before Christmas my eldest daughter spotted a knitted version of a knight's helmet, and asked if I could knit one for her 3 year old. A quick search of the web found lots of free patterns out there, and I picked this one from Sewing Away My Time blog. 
As I had more grey yarn, I decided to make a knight's jumper to wear with it - a simple raglan design in DK with a shield design on the front. It looks crumpled as it's not washed or pressed at this point as I was slightly hurried getting things finished before Christmas (as always) but for once it's about the right size. Now all that's need is a knitted sword ...





 

3 comments:

  1. This is a top, and brilliant, present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, that looks amazing and is exactly what I'm looking for my grandson. Did you have to resize it? ... how many stitches did you cast on. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I haven't replied before (and I appreciate it's probably too late to be useful now) but I thought I had. Anyway, I found the pattern by 'Sewing Away My Time' through Ravelry and it comes in various sizes, all the way up to adult
      https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/sewing-away-my-time/patterns

      Delete