a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Reviving an abandoned project

 I'm at last getting round to picking up an abandoned sewing project - turning an old pair of daughter's trousers into bags.
I'd got so far and then ground to a halt while I sorted lining material (old skirt).

lower pocket lining in place

I like to have as many pockets and zipped up sections in a bag as possible - not one cavity with everything jumbled up in it. So, the first thing to tackle was a zipped section


from the right side


 Beyond copying a bag I already own, I have no pattern so this is how I cut out pieces - using a finished section as pattern!


I'm hoping that now I've got this out again, I'll actually get it finished soon! 
Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment