a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Tuesday 7 October 2014

First front done.....

 The first front of my new cardigan is now finished, so I'm starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere.

This half was slowed by having to sort the pattern out as I went along, so the second front should be quicker to knit...
.but....
..I want to make a few changes...


This is the front edge of the left hand side - and the first cable turns away from the edge while the diamond pattern has a strong diagonal line towards the edge. If I knit the patterns exactly the same on the right hand side, the cable will turn towards the edge and the diagonal line away from it, so I'm going to reverse the twists to make a mirror image. It all makes sense in my head, let's hope it does when I come to knit it!




No comments:

Post a Comment