a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Monday 9 July 2012

Fish pie with added beans!

One snag of growing our own veg is the sudden gluts of one thing or another. Admittedly it's a nice drawback to have but broad beans everyday were starting to get dull so it was time to try something new... Fish pie with added beans!

I was actually going to adapt Teen's school recipe for tuna pasta bake but then decided to use potatoes instead. 

As per recipe, I cooked the veg first


Mixed them with the tuna and some red pepper for a bit of colour


Topped everything with partly-cooked potato slices
poured over some white sauce and grated a very small amount of cheese on top.


Ta dah!
Very nice, even if I say so myself.

1 comment: