a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Trying out another way to eat the broccoli!

As I've said before, we have a surplus of purple sprouting broccoli this Spring and I'm tracking down more interesting ways to use it up. Recently I came up with a variant on pan-fried lemon pepper chicken, so I decided to try that again with another twist of using pork and different seasonings.
I marinated chopped up pork fillets in lemon and orange juice with a chopped up chunk of stem ginger and small chilli - the orange and ginger seemed appropriate flavours to add to pork. Pan-fried the meat with garlic and leeks, added the remaining marinade and a slice of quince paste. When it was cooked thoroughly, I threw in the blanched broccoli to soak up the flavours.
The sauce wasn't as brightly pink as in the chicken recipe - probably due to the quince paste - and it wasn't as spicy. Good, but not as good as the original chicken idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment