a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Friday 27 April 2012

Jam tonight!

I bought some of my favourite oatcakes - Stockans of Orkney - earlier this week and that evening I went to the cupboard in search of jam to spread on them - and none was to be found!

Considering the stash of fruit filling the freezer, I thought it was time for jam-making.



There's more redcurrants than other fruit, so I used a lot of them mixed with raspberries and some blackberries.







The most troublesome part of jam-making is sieving the pulp to remove seeds but i don't like them in jam so make the effort.



I didn't end up with as much as I would have liked - just 3 jars but at least I have some jam for my oatcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment