a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Monday 2 August 2021

Stripes again

I'm determined to work my way through the stash of accumulated oddments of yarn, so that's going to mean a lot of stripes - and also a lot of garments based on this pattern which has become one of my favourites. I like woolen short-sleeved jumpers for winter as a warm extra layer over long-sleeved t-shirts; they keep my body core warm, while not having bulky sleeves to get in the way. Also, they don't take much yarn. For this I had 2 and a bit balls of maroon, slightly less of the grey, and a single ball of the lilac, plus really short oddments for the two narrow stripes. 
From the armholes up I knitted all pieces together - not quite in the round but as one super-wide piece.  This helped keep track of how much of each colour yarn was left - and as you can see, there wasn't enough to make the lilac band as deep as the others. Let's pretend that was a deliberate design feature :)
Anyway, it worked, it fits, it works colour-wise with a lot of my other clothes, so all i need is cooler weather to be able to wear it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment